The weather is definitely turning! All the leaves have fallen and here in Bend, OR, and the breeze is brisk. Craziness! With a few snow falls under our belts and Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, the JEM Organics team is ready to turn up the warm comfort food. What better way to enjoy the fall than to cozy up by a fire after a great meal with a nice warm JEM Organics Healthy Oatmeal Cookie. Now, just because we are in the mood for cookies, doesn’t mean they need to be unhealthy. Nope, our friend Sarah Danna (@sarahandspices) has helped us create a Healthy Oatmeal Cookie recipe. Instead of eggs, use apple sauce. Instead of dairy milk, use oat milk. Instead of butter, use JEM Organics Naked Almond Butter. If you feel like mixing it up one day, try a different JEM Organics flavor like Maple Pecan Hazelnut Butter.
We hope you enjoy this recipe, make some Healthy Oatmeal Cookies and snug up by a fire with family and friends this Thanksgiving!
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Servings: 8 cookies
Author: Sarah Danna; Sarah & Spices
- Measuring bowls & spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie sheet
- 1 + ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (oat milk)
- ¼ cup JEM Naked Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl (except the blueberries) and mix until well combined. Then, lightly fold in the blueberries.
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten slightly. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.