A little chocolate here, a little coffee there. What's not to like in this delicious, crumbly coffee cake. Have it as a morning snack, pick me up during the day or after dinner treat. What makes this coffee cake extra special is the JEM Organics Chocolate Hazelnut Butter and coffee fusion topping. Take a bite and enjoy!
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Coffee Cake by Jenny Chen (@jennysbreadbaby)
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Coffee Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp JEM Organics Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until combined. Add the Greek yogurt and vanilla and combine until smooth
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and then add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- To make the topping, melt the butter and then combine all the ingredients in one bowl. Stir until clumps form and texture is sandy.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and then top with the streusel topping
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for ~30 minutes before cutting and serving. I like to drizzle more coffee butter on top!