One delicious treat that seems to easily be forgotten is caramelized bananas. So simple yet so addicting. Now, add in warming spices like cinnamon and cardamom and it becomes even more heavenly. These bars contain caramelized bananas with JEM Organics Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter and coconut. Soft and chewy with a coconut crumbling base. These are not only easy and require just a handful of ingredients, but they’re made with good-for-you ingredients you can feel good about. Just blend up the base, reduce the caramel, and pop them in the freezer; you’re all set!
Cardamom Caramel Banana Macaroon Bars by Dani Breiner (@danihealthyeats)
- 1 ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp soft coconut oil
- 1 scoop protein (or sub 3 Tbsp almond flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp JEM Organics Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ up coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp JEM Organics Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Start your caramel first, by adding all ingredients to a blender and blending until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer until the mixture has reduced 1/3. This can take anywhere between 15-20 minutes.
- While your mixture simmers, start your macaroon base by combining all ingredients in a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms. Press the mixture into a lined loaf pan and set aside.
- Once your caramel has reduced, pour over the macaroon base. Place in the freezer until the caramel has set.
- Remove from the oven, cut into bars/bites, and drizzle with chocolate (optional, but recommended!)