Not like that!
Sure, the white powder looks conspicuous – but, it's just baking soda that we're addicted to. Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate is natures salty neutralizer.
With so many practical uses for our homes and bodies, it's addicting in its simplistic diversity. We value self-care way up there with kindness and doing the right thing, and as silly as it sounds, baking soda helps make self-care safe and easy on an eco-friendly dime.
The list of uses goes on:
- homemade deodorant (coconut oil, baking soda, tea tree oil, essential oils for preferred scent)
- teeth whitener (supplement your regular regime for a week)
- odor absorber (carpets, rugs, mattress, fridge, freezer)
- washing machine detergent strength enhancer
- skip Draino, use baking soda as a sink and shower drain de-clogger (just like in elementary school when we made volcanos, fill your pipes with a lot of baking soda and pour a big jug of white vinegar over the top –– no red dye necessary!)
- 46 other fantastic baking soda uses
Not to mention all the other helpful chemical-free Arm & Hammer products in our homes:
- laundry detergent
- unscented aluminum-free deodorant
- baking soda, for cooking and home-made beauty products
- pet care too!
Obviously, we're fans of self-care, especially when it benefits not just our bodies but our homes and the Earth. Share your self-care tips, tricks or regimes with us in the comments below. :)