Mother's Day should be intertwined with kind acts for her all day long. At Jem, you could say food is king. So, we're suggesting you spoil mom the best way we know how to: in good food and flowers.
We're blessed to have Sunny Yoga Kitchen down the street from our Tasting Room in Bend, Oregon (daily, organic specials made-to-order) but we also have a blender and juicer on-hand. Here are two healthy and indulgent-tasting recipes for a mid-day recharge–– ones Mom's sure to appreciate when served with a fresh cut bouquet of peonies.
Mango Cashew Turmeric Smoothie
- 3 Tbsp. Jem Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Red Ape Cinnamon Turmeric Powder
- 1 ripe organic mango, pitted
- a splash of filtered water for desired consistency
Fresh Golden Juice
Stay in the produce section of your favourite grocery store and get inspired by all things yellow, honey, and golden coloured. Choose your own, or follow our lead:
- 1 organic yellow beet
- 1 Meyer's lemon
- 1 carrot half an orange bell pepper (left over from dinner
- 1-inch fresh ginger root (grated and squeezed)
- a pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- 1-inch fresh turmeric root (grated and squeezed)
Wash and juice all the fruits and vegetables above in a juicer, and add salt afterwards for extra electrolytes.
Keep it simple and shop for Mom online, visit our Jem Nut Butter Shop –– or, if you're new to us: try a sample box of four 1.25 ounce jars to have your own sample party! If this is old hat and Mom's already sold, remember we have 16oz sizes.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas out there,